Sunday, August 5, 2007

Our New Monster Jeep

Regardless of the fact that we already have too many cars, we have an addition. This is our new/used Jeep Wrangler, Rio Grande edition purchased on Saturday. My car, a 1967 VW Beetle, is currently dismantled due to it's upcoming restoration. We decided that after the resto is complete we don't want to subject it to the harsh/salty winters here, so we were in need of another vehicle for a daily driver. Chris' work was auctioning off a Subaru wagon, however, he lost the bid. A co-worker overheard Chris saying that he needed a vehicle and informed him that he had one for sale. His son bought it 1 year ago, drove it during the summer and parked it. He was desperate to get it out of his driveway and offered us the deal of a lifetime. It was a deal that we couldn't pass up. So here it is, exactly as we bought it, with the exception of a very detailed wash by Chris. It has a six inch lift and huge tires. I literally have to climb into it. I love it!













7 comments:

Kate Benson said...

Are you kidding me Amy? I freakin' dig it! Oh and to see you kicking you legs to try to get in will be priceless!

Unknown said...

YOU have a Jeep now do you? I want a Jeep. Boy you're going to have fun at Fish Lake taking it off road.

Unknown said...

Be safe when you take out it for mountain lion shoots. Remeber you can't get as close to wild animals and throw sticks for them as you can with Guh & Gir. This car is better than a telephoto lens for getting close to wild animals!

Unknown said...

I expect you to tell me when you get a new car! Guess what, I registered for Ballet I and Modern Dance I this morning.

Unknown said...

:) Just kidding

Unknown said...

No I really am taking beginning Ballet though.

erika said...

Wow! Lucky you!